September 15th, 2007
8 Random Facts
I was tagged by Chef Messy to do a meme of 8 random facts about myself, so here they are:
1. I really like corn and eggplant but my husband doesnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t like either, so I only get to eat these if we dine out.
2. I think that we should pay the Ã¢â‚¬Å“realÃ¢â‚¬Â cost of the items we purchase. For instance, I recently learned that sales of beverages in plastic bottles (mainly water) increased by 80 million pounds last year, while the rate of recycling those plastic bottles increased by 2 million pounds. This makes for an addition of 78 million pounds of waste to our landfills, not to mention resources expired. If the cost of cleaning up that waste was included in the bottle, we would all be a lot more likely to carry a Nalgene and refill it with filtered water.
3. I love sunshine; I love the warm tingle of sunrays on my skin, being free from carrying cumbersome coats, sitting by the beach lounging in the warm embrace.
4. My cat, Mary Lou, eats any living thing including plants, so I canÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t have any greenery or cut flowers without them being destroyed and having to clean up the debris.
5. I had a trampoline when I was growing up and I literally jumped and jumped and jumped for over an hour each and every day.
6. IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m OCD about being lotioned and lip glossed. I carry both with me everywhere I go and reapply several times a day.
7. I walk to work every day. It takes about 30 minutes and is the best way I can think of to start a day.
8. I love sweets. Any kind of sweet but chocolate. I also have a very bad habit of following every meal with something sweet. Sugar addict, anyone?
- Players write a post describing eight random facts about themselves.
- They then Ã¢â‚¬Å“tagÃ¢â‚¬Â eight bloggers to write similar posts, including the rules.
- The players then leave a comment on blogs they’ve tagged to tell them about the meme.